Seven apartment units destroyed after fire in Warner Robins


WARNER ROBINS, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Several people without a home Tuesday night after fire ripped through the Wellston Ridge Apartments in Warner Robins Monday night. No one was hurt, but seven of those units are completely destroyed.

“It moved like a monster,” said Miguel Jimenez. “I pulled up and it was going.” He came home to see his apartment complex up in flames and immediately ran inside to grab his wife and dog.

Seven homes completely destroyed within minutes. The Warner Robins Fire Department hasn’t said exactly how the fire started, but Jimenez says she had something to do with it.

“The girl (neighbor) on the porch when I pulled up,” said Jimenez. “She just walked up to me like there was nothing going on, she asked me to use my phone and I was like ‘yeah, sure’ well I need to call the fire department, my kitchen’s on fire.”

The fire department got the call around five in the afternoon, but the fire wasn’t fully contained until around eleven. By then, it was too late to save much.

“That’s it, that’s all I got,” said Jimenez pointing to some T-shirts and a few photos.

With a positive attitude and his family, Jimenez says he’ll be able to overcome this tragedy.

“I always got to take care of my family,” said Jimenez. “I just have to work harder now.”

Jimenez is thankful his son wasn’t home at the time and his family is doing okay. He was at the apartment complex Tuesday morning since 8 AM trying to gather whatever he can. He doesn’t have insurance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parents of Student Murdered by Maintenance Man Sue Apartment Complex

“Blacklist” star Megan Boone lists West Village apartment for $2.4M

Charlotte affordable housing forum raises possible solutions