Nice apartment - Review of Xclusive Clover Creek Hotel Apartments LLC, Dubai

I booked a room at this hotel via laterooms.com back in August for a stay lasting 3 nights from New Years Eve.

On arrival at the hotel following a long, tiring journey at 8:30pm, the reception staff bluntly told me that as I was so late, my room had been cancelled and had now been allocated to another guest so I would have to make other arrangements. I was stunned at this news and questioned how they could do this when I had a confirmed reservation and had clearly stated when booking my arrival time. They stated that they had tried to call me at 6pm when another person had wanted the room and they were unable to contact me so assumed I no longer wanted it. It didn't appear to matter to them that I was 36,000 feet in the air at the time and I had no reception!

As it was obvious I was going to get nowhere with the least hospitable workers in the hospitality industry I have ever had the misfortune to come across, I asked whether I could leave my bag there while I try to find alternative accommodation (a difficult task in itself at 9pm on New Years Eve) to which I was abruptly answered with no and they went back to talking amongst themselves and walked away!

I was stranded in a strange city that I had never visited before with nowhere to stay on one of the busiest nights of the year and Radisson didn't appear to care! Luckily my driver who had brought me from the airport had stayed with me and was astounded at how I had been treated. He kindly took me to another hotel at no additional cost and I managed to get a room elsewhere but at cost for one night of twice the original total cost of three nights that I had booked at the Radisson.

I have regularly stayed at Radisson hotels in the past and have always enjoyed my stays, but this disgusting experience means I will never do so again.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parents of Student Murdered by Maintenance Man Sue Apartment Complex

“Blacklist” star Megan Boone lists West Village apartment for $2.4M

Charlotte affordable housing forum raises possible solutions