Olive Tree Apartment - New Addition to Spring Garden Guest House - Review of Spring Garden Guest House, Gosport, England

I regularly come down to Gosport to visit my family and usually I am put up in one of their spare bedrooms, but this time as it was such short notice, I needed to sort out my own accommodation.

Firstly, I would normally have gone to somewhere like Premier Inn (but they were in excess of £100 for one night!) so I went on booking.com and I found this little guesthouse for £45.

On arrival, yes you do notice that the guesthouse is pink and stands out a little from the rest of the buildings. Other guests have commented there's a reason behind this, I didn't think to ask.

When paying the guesthouse bill, I had booked through booking.com for the £45 but I was quoted the amount to pay was £49.50. I'm not completely tight, but if I've been reserved at £45, then £45 is all I'm paying.
It was explained to me that booking.com charge a lot of commission, but I had booked it through them and not directly through the guesthouse.

However Heather, the host, is absolutely wonderful. She is really attentive and kind.

My room, a single with a shower, was rather dated. The bed, I found wasn't rather comfortable but that's my own opinion.
The bathroom was sufficient but not really up to much standard. They had carpet in the bathroom, which I absolutely hate.
I didn't have the best night sleep as I could hear other guests in their room flushing the toilet, shutting their doors (excessively loud), and I kept hearing this weird loud noise throughout the night that woke me up.

The breakfast was lovely. You get a good choice of continental as well as cooked. I chose the omelette and it was really lovely. Nice fresh orange juice, good range of cereal, bit of fresh fruit.

Overall, it was a pleasant enough stay. I would recommend a bit of refurbishment but the hosts are fantastic and they really make you feel welcome.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parents of Student Murdered by Maintenance Man Sue Apartment Complex

“Blacklist” star Megan Boone lists West Village apartment for $2.4M

Charlotte affordable housing forum raises possible solutions